Monday, May 24, 2010

Temporary Relocation


This evening, your scribe will be departing for more southern regions.  For the week, the life of the retired gentleman, will be mine.  Driving to Miami, stopping along the way to see points of interest and a former Jesus the Divine Word parishioner in Cary, SC, ultimately the journey will lead me to St. Maarten, San Juan, another island  and back to Miami.  It will be a a seven day sea journey.  A close friend from Philadelphia will be joining me.  While I am driving and sailing, I will not have the opportunity to offer reflections for you.  However, I do recommend that you open up the Bishops' Conference website where you can find a presentation of a reflection:  www.usccb.com  Enjoy the break from my ways of thinking!!!  I return to DC on the 9th of June and will resume.  While away, I will celebrate my 69th birthday and my 38th ordination anniversary.  So this is a marvelous way to begin my seventieth year on God's earth.  Many thanks to my brother's fiance who had the tickets and could not make the journey which is a use or lose.  God works in most unusual ways.