Thursday, March 17, 2011

Personal Responsibility

Just a few simple thoughts for this Friday in the First Week of Lent.

1.  What Jesus teaches us is that we must live lives better than those of the scribes and Pharisees!

2.  God's commandments for us require that simply marching in line is not enough.  We must inculcate the teachings of God in our hearts and thereby make necessary changes in our lives.

3.  Our consciences must be in alignment with the will of God.

4.  How important is your attitude in so many of life's challenging moments?  And what did Jesus teach?


----------------------------------------------
Please remember a friend, Felician Sister Mary Anita, who is dying as I write.  On Friday morning I am off to NYC to spend a few moments with her during these last hours of her life.  Sister and I worked together at St. Joseph's Hospital in Philadelphia some years ago.  She was the President of the hospital and recognized for her leadership and pastoral care.  She had one of the sisters contact me this morning to ask if I would come and make one visit before she meets God.  You know, as the Irish would say, me think she wants to tell me what I am supposed to sayin' in her funeral homily!!!  Once a President always a President!!!  She would love these lines!