Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wednesday: In Your Great Love!

Today's Responsorial Psalm response:  Lord, in your great love, answer me.  How many times in your journey of faith have you found yourself on the wrong road?  That unreliable map!!!  Realistically we cannot blame "the map."  The challenge is to face our own weakness. Each time we sin are we not like Judas -- somehow co-opted into taking a different turn, a change in direction.

During the next three days, as you pray or simply give time to God to hear his voice, be mindful of the specific times you have opted for what is sinful, what adds to the pain and suffering of one innocent man who freely agreed to endure the torture and agony that would reconcile you to God. 

Mindful of such a gift from God, don't the words of the 69 Psalm have so much more meaning for you?  :Lord, in your great love answer my plea for the graces to endure the shame I feel for my sins.  Lord, answer me.