Thursday, July 7, 2011

912 - Friday

The blogger has decided that it is time for Prayer on the Hill to absent itself from the flow a the daily blogosphere ... at least until October.  There are a number of personal reasons for this decision ... all of them related to the well-being of the blogger and the quality of the postings each day.  During the hiatus, much of the time will be dedicated to priestly works and writings in preparations for a new website and the regeneration of  Prayer on the Hill.  Please do not worry that "something is out of sorts" with the blogger.  That is far from the reality of his decision to refill the ink well.  It is because he has seen within his heart and heart within his heart the whispers of the Holy Spirit that the absence will take place.  

I wish you a wonderful summer, what is left of it.  I genuinely pray that you will find time to read some of the other bloggers that I have suggested on the years.  Of course it is a risk to surrender your daily reading time to other writers ... but that is the risk one takes in listening to the whispers of the Holy Spirit.

Let us continue to pray for one another.  And, please, there is not need for anyone to be calling or writing to me about "Why?"  The answer is clearly spelled out in the paragraphs above.  So, fear not.  I will be returning in the beginning days of October.  I am covering for one of the priests who assists at the parish where I am at the moment and then when he returns at the beginning of August, I will assume the pastor's fill-in for the month and  then in September I will be moving to Tuscany for three weeks and may extend to visit a relative who lives in Nottingham, England.  You did not know that I was related to Robin Hood, did you?

Have a wonderful summer.  Oremus pro invicem!  Let us pray for one another.