Friday, August 22, 2014

Those Dry Bones!

From the Hermitage

How many times have we heard or read this story from Ezekiel?  What more does it mean than just God   to a prophet about a field filled with the skeletons of a vast army?  Are there any such bones in my life?  What bones, you might ask? 

God wants us at all times to be filled with real life, the life of the Spirit.  That is the challenge of these words from the prophet.  We are called to see more clearly just what goals we have set for ourselves?

Doesn't it happen that we let ourselves be caught on life's treadmill without too much daily concern for our own purpose in this life. Just what is that our God wants of me in my lifetime?  Do I realize what it is?  Do I try each day to incorporate that goal in all I do?  Could you stop at this very moment and write in 25 words or fewer what goal you are seeking to achieve in this life, especially your spiritual life?  Is there real life in your bones?

Oremus pro invicem!

Pastor Milt