Monday, January 27, 2014

Psalm 89

Dear Friends,

A short letter with focus on what you should know about King David.  How often we hear about this earthly King, this man who composed for us so many insights of God's relationship to his people.

Davis was appointed God.  We learn this through the writing of prophets.  In 2 Samuel 5:1-7,10 we read about the term of office David had.  He began at age 30 and ended his rule of the Jewish people when he was 70 years old.

Think of these words to David that God has spoken to each of us in many and varied ways.

R. My faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him.

Trusting in God!  You begin a new week.  Remember these words from Psalm 89.  Let them open your heart to a week building a stronger relationship with Jesus Christ, our King.  He calls to us in these days of ours to bring his message, his love to those who have turned from him as well as to those who do not know of his goodness and care.

“I have found David, my servant; with my holy oil I have anointed him,
That my hand may be always with him, and that my arm may make him strong.”


You are no different than David.  Meet Jesus again today.  Let him take your hand with your trust!

'Til the next time, God be with you
Fr. Milt